Friday 3 October 2008

Ronnie Biggs - Free - February 14, 2009


Ronald Arthur Biggs, 79, will be freed on February 14, 2009.

He took part in the Great Train Robbery of 1963, then he escaped from prison, lived in Brazil for 35 years and voluntarily went back to England in 2001.


After his release, Ronnie Biggs will be transfered to a Hospice in Northern London, which is near by his son's home.

Biggs need a tube for feeding and has difficulty speaking.

He has issued an appeal from Norwich prison.
"I am an old man and often wonder if I truly deserve the extent of my punishment. I have accepted it and only want freedom to die with my family and not in jail. I hope Mr Straw decides to allow me to do that. I have been in jail for a long time and I want to die a free man. I am sorry for what happened. It has not been an easy ride over the years. Even in Brazil I was a prisoner of my own making".

No comments: